C.W. Dillard Elementary School
Elk Grove Unified School District
As the sole school in Wilton, C.W. Dillard Elementary has maintained a significant role in the fabric of this rural community since its opening in 1915. The previous facility, constructed in the 1950’s, had become inefficient and reached the end of their useful life, requiring either significant modernization or replacement.
Through extensive analysis and strong community engagement, it was determined that a complete replacement on the existing campus would be the most appropriate solution. A new single building facility designed with a mission style exterior, inspired by the original single room schoolhouse, was constructed. The school is filled with natural light, is technology rich, and features contemporary learning environments with expanded support functions that promote student learning and provide opportunities to engage the community.